Sunday, October 17, 2010

Session #7

Many thanks the lovely ladies who came to the PCE's seventh installment. Being the school holidays I thought I'd be there on my lonesome but thanks to Fiona, Shirley and Tasha I had some wonderful company. One of the best things about the PCE is the conversation. Along with the crafty bits we often end up reflecting on our lives and the experience of living in a community like Piha.
A special thanks to Fiona for persuading Shirley to come along. Although I'd never met Shirley before her crafting prowess is well known. Many of Piha's babies wear her booties and while there she churned out another cute pair - All Black rugby boots no less. I hope you can join us again Shirley.



Tasha's scarf is progressing well. Getting some length happening...


I made a summer top for my niece Gigi. The fabric was from a muumuu I found at a second hand shop in the $2 bin.



Fiona brought along her (major!) project. A beautiful striped crochet blanket done in double crochet stitch - I think. It's very wide, extremely neat and when finished she's calculated that there'll be over one million stitches - phew! Now that's an heirloom piece for sure.


So the next craft session is coming up this Wednesday. Hope you can make it - we're keen to spread the word and increase our numbers to cover the cost of hiring the hall. I thought is would be a good opportunaity to make anything that's required for the up and coming market day. Clare - do any signs need painting etc?
And don't be shy about coming along as a learner. We always bring spare knitting/crochet needles and wool. Or have a play on the sewing machine. Or just come along for the company and the awesome conversation!
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment