Thursday, March 31, 2011

Number 3 for 2011

Finally I'm getting around to writing up our last craft night which feels like many moons ago. I hope you enjoyed it - I certainly did. As usual the conversation was far ranging and insightful: from the quality of Playboy articles to the effectiveness of cleaning products. We had a variety of craft projects going on too: Sewing, knitting, millinery, patchwork and origami.

I finally finished the dress for a friend's baby...


Hannah worked some more on her knitting and we discussed our plans for a school holiday session. We are thinking about a applique project for primary school children. Perhaps a t-shirt, or bag, or a cushion. Thanks for bringing along the gorgeous books...


You can see Tracey's beautiful fabric in the background. She is working on a patchwork project. Looks like she is hand sewing the whole thing...


Ann is making a fabulous hat for a friend who belongs to the Red Hat Society - shame on me for not knowing about this organisation - only the largest women's social group in the world...


Mel converted some laundry bags into bath toy bags by sewing on some suction cups. What a brilliant idea...


Sue was my slave and did some unpicking for me. Thanks Sue.

As for the origami being done, well not really. A few of us helped Tasha with folding and addressing the Piha News. Tracey and Tasha (and others) do a huge amount of work to get this publication out to us. It's the least we can do to help. I see the proposed Bowling/Tennis Club project is on the cover - I wonder how contentious this will be for Piha?

I hope you can make it to the next crafting session? It is on the 6th of April. We'd love to see you there. I'd love to teach someone how to crochet, let me know if you are keen and I'll bring along some hooks and yarn. You'll have made a granny square by the end of the session for sure.

As for the school holiday session for kids; more on that in the weekend. We're in the process of sorting out dates and hall hire etc. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment