Monday, March 7, 2011

Session 2, 2011

Once again I thoroughly enjoyed our last craft session. A big thank you to those who joined us, especially the newbies - Mel and Ann.

Ann wowed us with the quilt she is making for her brother - a contemporary piece which makes great use of contrasting colour. Looks like she has some serious skills which I'd like to take advantage of when it comes to my patchwork effort!


Hannah made a wheat bag, then busted out her knitting... 


She also brought along some cute Cath Kidston magazines - great inspiration particularly for the school holidays crafting session we are planning as a fundraiser for the Piha Craft Exchange. More on that another day - stay tuned.


Clare and I made some wrap-around skirts using Tasha's sarongs. Would be fair to say that we winged it somewhat with the pattern. Clare has a bonus seam in a random place. Nevertheless! they have turned out very fetching...


Sue made a denim book bag for Keio. He was very chuffed to use it a few days later, "my Mummy made this"...


It looks like Tracey is starting a patchwork quilt project - I didn't get the chance to talk to her about her plans...


Mel brought along her Grandmother's button collection, which got us all excited. How sad - swooning over some old buttons! But not just any old buttons: beautiful Bakelite and Lucite ones from the 20's and 30's; cut glass buttons; ivory armed forces and brass airforce ones; delicate mother of pearl buttons and buttons her Grandmother had covered with deco fabrics. Amazing - thanks Mel. 


She also brought along her mother's stash of fabrics. This design had me reminiscing about my bad 80's fashion days, I think I had some harem pants made out of this, classy!...


Mel made a cute kitty, obviously just needs a nose/mouth/whiskers. Perhaps Ruby got it for her birthday?


See you on the 16th of March for our next instalment. 
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment