Sunday, May 1, 2011

Catch up

Jeez I have a lot of catching up to do with this blog posting business. I've been slack. How these 'Mommy-bloggers' churn out blog post after blog post recording the multitude of things they've created with their four+ children, the meals they've cooked, the rooms they've done up and "oh by the way here is my latest book, you can buy it at Amazon". I suspect they have the odd parent or nanny around to ease the load. Yes I have turned an unattractive shade of green...

Anyhoo - firstly I want to post the photos we took at the school holiday appliqué class. I thought it was a great success - 2 main reasons: Thanks to the awesome kids who came along (11 of you), you guys were so into it and designed some amazing pieces. I also need to say a big thanks to Melissa and Tracey for helping Hannah and I, particularly at the start when things were kinda crazy. I learnt a lot about how to run (and not run) a craft lesson. We'd love to do another next holidays.

Apologies to those of you who didn't get a photo taken of their work. Taking photos was the last thing on my mind until the last minute - typical. So sorry to Asha, Amy, Daisy Rose and Tui. Although Tui I did take a photo of the beautiful drawing you did when designing your motif. How cute is this...
I was amazed by Luca's elaborate ninja...
Ruby is off to Paris soon so she designed an Eiffel Tower motif which, using the sewing machine, she attached to a t-shirt. Très chic..
Summer designed the cutest little dog and sewed it on with some incredible stitching...
Yasmin worked with an Easter theme and selected some beautiful vintage fabrics. She then made her piece into a cushion cover. So clever...
Tiger's design also featured a bird. I love her clouds. Tiger used the sewing machine too, to make a cushion cover...
Noah expertly drew a profile of Lion Rock and sewed it on using gold thread. The thread was quite tricky to use but it didn't seem to trouble him - his stitches were so neat...
Lauren's design had a beautiful nature theme, which featured a blooming rose and the sun. Great choice of fabrics too...
So thank you again for coming along. The afternoon was super fun. I hope you guys enjoyed it too.

Just a word about the next Craft Exchange session. It's this coming Wednesday. I'll make sure the heaters are on at Barnett! Think I need to knit a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment