Monday, May 9, 2011

Recent pix

I haven't been posting many photos lately of the various Craft Exchange projects - so here's a bit of a catch-up showing you some of the things being made...

Ann finished the quilt she was making for her brother. She also brought along an amazing unfinished patchwork quilt that got us all excited (I have a serious case of quilt-envy). She bought it for ONE DOLLAR!! at a recent quilting fair - what a find! I wonder where all the fabric pieces came from? I love hexagon patchwork quilts, they are such a classic. It would have taken many hours to piece this together as they can only be made by hand. Ann is going to finish it off and make a border for it...

Tracey is working on a patchwork piece too. A cushion cover I think (bottom image). She has also been practicing the ancient craft of story-telling - entertaining us with funny stories of her travels around the world. Talita experimented with needlework stitched over printed fabric (below right). Natalie brought along her gorgeous old teddy, on a mission to replicate him. Thanks too for the delicious Pecan pie and chocolate brownies pieces - your hubby is not a bad cook!...

Hannah finished a sweet little boat-neck jersey for Charis (you'll note that she doesn't need to look when knitting)...

Jeanette, like Hannah, is a great knitter. Over the last 2 years she has made and sold 300 beanies - whoa! She finished another one while at the Craft Exchange. If anyone needs a beanie for winter let me know and I'll get Jeanette to make you one...

Helen converted a dress into a very cute skirt and hemmed some shorts...

Clare has nearly finished making a monkey...

Lately I've been playing around with felting and made some booties out of a wool jersey for my new niece Tui (yay!). I added some needle-felted circles... 

So come along to our next session - on the 18th of May - we'd love to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment