Monday, November 8, 2010

Session 9

Thanks to Sue, Tasha and Clare for coming along. It was another late one again: sewing, eating, drinking and talking - all my favourite activities.

Clare did some more work on her beautiful cross stitch...

 
The process looks so analogous to how a printer works; row by row, little dots. I don't think my eyesight is good enough for cross stitch at that scale. Although for years I've wanted to try my hand at either Blackwork embroidery or Sashiko, a Japanese technique that's similar to Blackwork. I recently got this book out of the library...


It has some beautiful projects. Perhaps next winter I'll make a start. And here's a photo of some cute Sashiko work and a sample page of various Blackwork patterns...


Tasha brought in a stack of sarongs she bought in Malaysia. She re-hemmed them, then very kindly gave one to each of us. Thank you Tasha, I love mine. Not sure whether to keep it as a sarong or make it into a wrap-around skirt. I have a pattern somewhere. It could be a good PCE project.



Tasha also worked some more on her scarf...


I started on another library bag and began converting some of Lenny's ankle-breezing pants into shorts for summer.


Sue also made repairs to various Keio garments. It's good to know that he doesn't need that bulldog clip to hold his pants up anymore - poor child!

The next session is on the 17th. We're planning an activity for it, so stay tuned for that.
Take care,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment